Can You Improve Your Excel Skills for Greater Productivity?
BC Networks is a San Jose CA-based IT managed services provider that caters to business in the San Francisco Bay Area. Contact us today regarding your Microsoft Office and IT consulting needs.
With tools like Microsoft Excel, you increase your productivity just by using the product. However, learning tips and tricks that help you work more efficiently in the spreadsheet program improves your productivity exponentially. As you begin to finish more tasks on time, you may find that life is less stressful in the office.
Here are Excel tips and tricks to aid you on your journey toward stress-free productivity.
Create a Macro to Automate a Task
You can automate common tasks in Excel by creating a macro to run through the steps automatically.
China uah exchanger
Follow these steps to create a macro:
- Select File.
- Select Options.
- Select Customize Ribbon.
- Go to the Main tab, choose to activate the Developer box. (You only have to activate the Developer box once. Then, it’s available for future Developer activities.)
- Select OK.
- On the Developer tab, click on Record Macro.
- Name the macro and select a keyboard shortcut you’ll use to run it.
- Add a description if desired.
- Perform your task as usual. Excel will record the steps.
- When you’re finished, click Stop Recording.
- Use the keyboard shortcut to repeat the task.
Create a Table in Seconds
Create a beautiful table in seconds with the following steps:
- Highlight the data to use in the table.
- Go to the Insert and select Table.
- The highlighted area appears with a border.
- Click OK and Excel creates the table.
- Use the available icons to customize your table’s colors and design. The checkboxes on the design tab control the layout.
This process guides you through the steps and takes the guesswork out of creating a professional-looking table.
Use Go To to Navigate to Specific Cell
It’s sometimes difficult to find the information you want in a complex spreadsheet. Use the Go To tool to find specific information.
Here are the steps to use the Go To function effectively and increase your productivity:
- First, select the range of data to search.
- Hit Ctrl+A to select the entire worksheet.
- Navigate to Home>Edit
- Select Go To at the far right.
- Now you can enter a value or word. Alternately, the ‘special’ tab accommodates more specific elements.
Learn more Excel tips and tricks by watching this video.