9 New Updates And Additions To Microsoft Office 365
The nine key updates and additions to Office 365, include the following features and benefits.
- Embed 3-D animations into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations. — You don’t need to know how to code an animation series to use this new feature. In fact, all you have to do is place the 3-D model into your slide, select a pre-built animation, click apply, and instantaneously watch as the 3-D model comes to life.
- PowerPoint can transform written texts into readable messages. — Whether you have the world’s worst handwriting or a five year old can draw better than you, PowerPoint is now here to save you time and inevitably money as you create your business presentations. Simply draw out the presentation by hand using a touchscreen tablet. Next, launch PowerPoint and watch as the slides are automatically transformed with digital design recommendations that include layout, icon, and text suggestions. In minutes your handwritten ink can look like something that was designed by a professional artist in the graphic design department.
- Save office supplies with the digital pen. — The Microsoft digital pen has all new features that will allow you to save time and resources when editing important documents. Enjoy the speed of simply using the digital pen to cross out paragraphs, circle text, add words, insert line breaks, split / change words, and leave detailed comments.
- Transform Word documents into web-ready publications. — To transform your Word document into a Sway website, simply finalize your document, click File, and then click Transform. This feature can also be used to reduce the time needed to create and publish newsletters, training documents, product pages, and pitch decks.
- Use blurred background to regain focus on video calls. — The new blurred background features allows video callers to blur their background so that unwanted distractions remain out of sight. The feature is particularly helpful for organizations that have a large remote workforce.
- Avoid time-consuming compatibility issues. — Microsoft’s recently released desktop app allows organizations to easily check app compatibility before they complete a system upgrade. This check can save organizations time and money as they keep their systems operating at the optimal capacities, without suffering from incompatibility issues.
- More efficiently complete Office 365 migrations with the SharePoint Migration Tool. — The new and improved SharePoint Migration Tool offers a point and click interface that makes it easier for organizations to complete Office 365 migrations. For example, in a few simple clicks your OneDrive files can be migrated to OneDrive for business.
- IT teams can more effectively manage and implement business critical resolutions. — The SharePoint Admin Center now allows IT experts to more easily manage Office 365 group-connected sites and hub sites. The update also includes security and compliance enhancements. For example, admins can now restrict or allow access from known IP-addresses, automatically sign-out idle users, and restrict access from non-compliant devices.
- Maintain user data compliance. — Office 365 has a complete list of certifications and attestations to ensure that security and compliance are maintained. In this vein, Office 365 recently achieved its HITRUST CSF Certification, which is specifically designed to help health organizations maintain security, privacy, and regulatory compliance.
The Bottom Line: Microsoft Office 365 Delivers Powerful New Updates
Whether you want to more effectively manage your digital presence or create dynamic PowerPoint presentations in a click of the button, the new updates to Office 365 are built with the business executive in mind. In short, the new updates and additions to Office 365 will help your organization to more efficiently and effectively complete daily tasks that will lead to heightened levels of business success.
Experience and strategy are what set us apart from other San Jose, Silicon Valley & South Bay IT companies. We deliver consistently optimal results following our carefully developed and mature set of IT practices and procedures.